Unto the populace of Calontir comes these words from Mistress Ishmala bint Yuhannah, your Kingdom Minister of Arts and Sciences.
Queens Prize Tournament will be held in the Shire of Lost Moor on September 13th, here artisans will gather to share their knowledge and skills and display their wondrous works.
Submissions will be accepted from July 1 through September 1, 2014. I would like to thank in advance Mistress Rebecca Beaumont for working as the Master Scheduler for this Queens Prize Tournament.
This competition would not be in existence without the submissions of our entrants. If you wish to enter Queens Prize Tournament please fill out the form here:
We will also be in need of Judges to volunteer to share their knowledge. If you are able and willing to serve as a judge please enter your information here:
Guidelines for Queen’s Prize Tournament
· Entrants must be sponsored by a Companion to Calon Lily (or equivalent), Silver Hammer (or equivalent), or a Companion to the Order of the Laurel.
· Each entrant is entitled to one entry.
· Entries that have been entered before in any Arts and Sciences Championship or equivalent outside Calontir, Queen’s Prize Tournament or equivalent, or Tri-Levels are not eligible for entry.
· Sponsors may sponsor a maximum of five entries.
· Sponsors may not judge the entrants they sponsored.
· Sponsors must bring one prize per each entrant sponsored. These prizes will be awarded at Calontir Royal Court and must be awarded to entrants who were sponsored by another sponsor.
· Her Royal Majesty will award the Queen’s Prize for the entry or entries of her choice.
· Each entrant will receive a prize from one of the sponsors.
· Those individuals judging entries at Queen’s Prize shall vote towards the recipient of a Judge’s Choice Award. Typically the prize basket is a collection of items contributed from those individuals who judged.
Bids for hosting Queens Prize Tournament 2015 will be due to the Kingdom Arts and Sciences Officer on September 13, 2015. Please consider placing a bid to host this wonderful event.
I am looking forward to seeing all of the wonderful displays!
Mistress Ishmala bint Yuhannah