The Board of Directors is accepting applications for the position of Corporate Treasurer. This is a part-time, stipend position, which requires approximately 5-10 hours per week except when finalizing the yearly budget.
Applicants must be available for at least the October quarterly Board Discussion Session (typically held on Friday), in addition to the October Board meeting (typically on Saturday). Additional traveling may be required.
1) Working knowledge of basic financial spreadsheet program (QuickBooks or other);
2) Experience with managing budgets and financial forecasting, including tracking and analyzing variances;
3) Basic suite of office communication skills – spreadsheets, presentations, Word, etc.
4) Preference for degree in accounting or finance.
Duties of the Treasurer:
- Maintain knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives.
- Work with the Society Exchequer, the Vice President for Corporate Operations and the outside accountant to ensure all financial filings are maintained.
- Work with the Society Exchequer to ensure that our relationships with third party financial vendors (i.e. banks) are maintained.
- Understand financial accounting for nonprofit organizations.
- Work with the President and the Vice President of Corporate Operations to ensure that appropriate financial reports are made available to the Board on a timely basis.
- Prepare and present the annual budget to the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration.
- Work with the Society Exchequer, President and the Vice President of Corporate Operations to maintain and improve internal control policies, guidelines and procedures for PayPal.
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of surpluses, and make appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure development and broad review of financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, together with modern and SCA qualifications, via hardcopy to:
Society for Creative Anachronism
PO Box 360789
Milpitas, CA 95036-0789
Courtesy copies should be provided via email to:
The deadline for applications is April 1, 2017.
Comments are strongly encouraged and can be sent to:
Milpitas, CA 95036
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This announcement is an official informational release by the Society for Creative Anachronism , Inc. Permission is granted to reproduce this announcement in its entirety in newsletters, websites and electronic mailing lists.