Handouts from the meeting:
The first report was by Mistress Katherine von Heilige, event co-steward, on promotion of this year’s War. The event stewards are planning a major effort to promote the War and bring up attendance. Promotional materials, including “save the date” cards, are being printed for distribution at Gulf War and other out of Kingdom events this spring. Folks traveling out of Kingdom are also encouraged to talk up the War, make friends and invite them to Lilies.
The remainder of the meeting was conducted by Mistress Rebecca Beaumont, Lilies Committee Chair. Highlights of the meeting include:
- Many cost-cutting measures have already been implemented, including eliminating/consolidating tents. The Grand Pavilion has been eliminated, and several groups such as the Tailors and the waterbearers are either providing their own tents or utilizing tents and sunshades that are already in existence.
- Lost Moor has also made a generous and perpetual donation to the waterbearers, and other such donations are expected, but cannot be included in budgets.
- Over the past several years, attendance on the last Saturday has been shrinking. Various attempts to encourage folks to stay have had no real success. That extra day costs approximately $3000. As an experiment to see if shortening the war is feasible and desirable, the Committee voted not to have any War sponsored activities on Saturday this year. Their Royal Majesties had already determined They would hold their closing court on Friday, and Mistress Lynette Davejean had moved the finals for the 100 Arrow Shoot to Friday as well so it was determined this would be a good year to test the concept. The site will still be open Saturday, as usual, and members of the populace are encouraged to “make their own fun”.
- The committee voted to raise the site fee to between $60 and $70, the final number will be discussed at a future meeting. It was also agreed to keep site fees for minors at $25. Also discussed was raising the age for minors, and a partial-war fee, though no decisions were made on either of these ideas.
- The proposed budget was passed by the Committee.
- Due to some financial and logistical restraints and setbacks, the Lilies Committee is unsure if on site ice will be available for Lilies War 31. If you know of a company that the Committee might be able to contact about providing ice for the war, please send their contact information to Mistress Rebecca Beaumont, the Lilies Committee Chair at LiliesChair@calontir.org.
The Lilies War website: http://www.lilieswar.org/