Gleaned from Facebook:
The SCA has come to cover a vast stretch of human history: all the years before the seventeenth century, all across the world. A wonderful myriad of cultures have thrived in that long time span, and the SCA gives us all opportunities to sample – or drink deeply – from the experiences and examples of these long-ago peoples.
Write a short research paper about a slice of history you find particularly enthralling. It could be a culture, an event, an individual, or a particular historical development.
Tell us something awesome about another time and place!
• Keep your entries to roughly five pages or 2,500 words
• Include your sources in some manner (c’mon, half the fun of reading papers is chasing down new sources)!
• Entry Deadline is 11:59 PM, Sunday May 26th
• Submit papers to Lord Hugo van Harlo email@example.com
Judging and Prizes:
• The Prize: A Half-Price Books gift card will be awarded to two winners: one Mallet, Swan, or below, and another to a Laurel, Lily, or Hammer.
• Judging/Feedback Session: Wednesday 1:00-3:00; Entrants will be contacted with a specific time slot, but everyone is welcome to come be history geeks together at this time.
Winners will be announced at court.
• Location: Bull Woods’ camp kitchen (across from the showers and Heralds’ Point)
• Judges: Three awesome research-loving, history-geeking-out-on, paper-reading, friendly neighborhood Laurels:
Mistress Jorunn Eydisardottir
Master Rhodri ap Hywel
Count Marius Lucian Fidelis
• Sponsor: Lord Hugo van Harlo
Post expires at 1:54pm on Thursday July 4th, 2019