A reminder for some important deadlines:
Crown Tournament letters of intent are due by September 24.
Letters of intent for Kingdom Earl Marshal must be in by September 5.
September 5 is also the deadline for letters of intent for Kingdom List Minister.
More information about what the letters must include and where to send them can be found on the Kingdom Website.
We highly encourage questions about any of these positions (yes, including Crowns of Calontir). You may ask the current officers or Us through the email addresses below.
Logan konung, Ylva drottning
Bavarian engraving of a medieval tournament from the 1400s. Public domain in the US
TRM Logan & Ylva
Part of being a responsible Crown is ensuring the smooth transition from one reign to the next. To that end We are setting forth these requirements for those who would wish to compete in Our Crown list in Lonely Tower this October. Please provide your letter of intent to Us and Our seneschal by September 24th, 2016. You may present them at an event or send an electronic copy to both Falcon-Crown@calontir.org and Seneschal@calontir.org.
We encourage everyone who meets the criteria below to participate. Being Crown of Calontir does take time and effort, but the experience brings more joy than we could have imagined. You must be willing to serve the Kingdom in this fashion, but not necessarily wishing to with all your being. Taking part in Crown Tournament is a privilege that more people should take advantage of. At no other time can you participate in the selection of your next Sovereign. And who knows, it might be you!
Our requirements for both the combatant and the consort are as follows:
- Per kingdom law, you must be familiar with kingdom law, and swear an oath that you are. Please read it.
- It is vital that the Crown be able to work together to accomplish great things. Please provide an example of some project that you have worked on together and how you managed it. It needn’t be an SCA project, just an indication that you can deal with each other in somewhat stressful situations.
- The Crown makes many decisions that affect the entire Kingdom. To show that you have some knowledge of the breadth and depth of Calontir, please provide a list of the events that both of you have attended (together or separately) in the last 12 months.
- Individually, please provide your reasoning for selecting that person to fight for/to carry your favor. What makes them special in your eyes.
- For Our seneschal, please provide copies of your proof of membership, which should last through the end of your potential reign. (Should your current membership end before your reign would, you will be required to renew it immediately after winning Crown Tournament)
- Also for Our seneschal, please provide proof of residence within Calontir for the past year, or indication that you have been “treaty-ed in” for at least that long. A driver’s license will usually provide this.
We look forward to a wonderful tournament, and hope that everyone will join Us, either on the field or not.
— TRM Logan & Ylva —
Sir Duncan Bruce of Logan and Mistress Ylva Jonsdottir are the new Prince and Princess of Calontir. Vivat!
Halldóra Guðrøðardóttir – Golden Calon Swan
Emma Ness (formerly Emma Marthokys) – Golden Calon Swan
Magnus Anskegg – to be elevated to the Order of the Pelican
Syr Matsunaga Kagetora has won for Lady Elena Morena del Mar
Corrected and updated due to the exigencies of typing with my thumbs:
Sir Xerxes and Mistress Baroness BelAnna de Rouge de Anjou are Calontir’s newest Prince and Princess. Huzzah!
In other news from Crown:
Sir Duncan of Skeene, Kingdom Earl Marshal announce that he is seeking applicants for two Regional Deputies and Kingdom Archer General.
Andromir and Tola Rufusdottir announced there will be an auction at Kingdom A&S to benefit the Falcon Fund.
Baron Gabriel andvaka Kjotvason of Lonely Tower stepped down, and was made a Baron of the Court.
Guillaume de la Sudeterre was offered membership in the Order of the Laurel. Vigil and ceremony will be announced later.
From Facebook, via HE Issabell St. Charles.
All combatants and consorts wishing to compete in Our Crown Tournament should have their Letter of Intent submitted to the Crown and Their Seneschal by March 14th. Letters should contain a list of events attended in the past year, mundane identification, and SCA membership information.
There is a link to the necessary email addresses on the Kingdom website homepage.